Ingredients for Making Green Bean Soup
- String beans (white or green) 1 kilogram (young)
- Smoked ham 200 grams
- Onion 1 piece (large)
- Adjika 2-3 tablespoons (medium)
- Purified water 2.5 liters
- Tomato juice (homemade) 350 milliliters
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Paprika 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Tarragon (dried, ground) to taste
- Main Ingredients Ham, Beans, Onions
- Serving 8 servings
- World Cuisine
A kitchen knife - 2 pieces, a cutting board - 2 pieces, paper kitchen towels, a stove, a tablespoon, a teaspoon, a deep non-stick pan with a lid (capacity 4 liters), a kitchen towel, a wooden kitchen spoon, a bowl - 3 pieces, slotted spoon, ladle , a deep plate.
Making Bean Soup:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First of all, with the help of a sharp kitchen knife, peel the onions, and remove a hard vein from each bean pod. Then we wash the vegetables under cold running water, dry with paper kitchen towels, take turns on a cutting board and continue the preparation. We chop the onion into small cubes up to 5 millimeters in size, and cut each pod into 3-4 parts 2 to 2.5 centimeters long.
After that, remove the shell from the ham and grind the meat ingredient on a clean board with straws or small pieces 1 cm thick. We arrange everything in separate bowls, send to the kitchen table other products that will be needed for making soup, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Cook the string bean soup.
We put on a medium fire a non-stick pan with a thick bottom and pour the right amount of vegetable oil into it. After some time, when the fat warms up, we send the chopped onion there and stew it to medium softness in about a minute. Next, add the ham to it and cook them together A couple of minutesstirring constantly with a wooden kitchen spoon.
As soon as the onion becomes transparent, put adjika, paprika, black ground pepper in a pan and keep them over medium heat 2 minutesso that the spices dissolve the aroma.
Then we throw beans there and pour purified water.
After boiling with a slotted spoon, remove the foam from the surface of the bubbling liquid, season the almost ready-made soup with tomato juice and salt to taste.
After 5-6 minutes beans are cooked, add dried tarragon to the main course, mix everything again, cook 2 minutes and using a kitchen towel, remove from the stove. We cover the pan with a lid and allow the aromatic mixture to infuse for 7-10 minutes. After that, using a ladle, pour the soup in portions into deep plates and serve it to the table.
Step 3: serve the string bean soup.
Green bean soup is served hot as the first main course to the dining table. It turns out to be quite nutritious, not heavy, aromatic and slightly spicy-sour in taste.
It is pleasant to relish it with sour cream, cream, homemade mayonnaise and, of course, fresh black or white bread. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- if you purchased overripe green beans, then it should be cooked for at least 8-10 minutes;
- Very often, a set of vegetables is supplemented with carrots chopped on a fine grater, which are stewed with onions and ham. Also, fresh green peas and finely chopped zucchini or zucchini are put in a pan with beans;
- a great alternative to vegetable oil - cream, the taste of the prepared soup will benefit from this and will be much milder;
- some housewives replace adjika with chili paste, which can be purchased at any supermarket or online store;
- if desired, before serving, each serving of soup can be seasoned with fresh herbs of dill, parsley, cilantro, basil or green onions.