Ingredients for cooking a slice in a slow cooker
- Couscous groats (regular from crushed wheat) 1 cup
- Purified water 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Butter to taste
- Main IngredientsMillet and Wheat
- Serving 2 servings
- World cuisineArab cuisine
A glass (capacity 240 grams), a kitchen towel, a deep bowl, a crock-pot, a wooden or silicone kitchen spatula, and a serving plate.
Cooking couscous in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
First, we cover the tabletop with a kitchen towel, put the couscous on it and sort it out, removing any kind of rubbish. You do not need to rinse it, immediately pour the grains into a clean dish, put the remaining ingredients on the countertop, which will be needed to prepare the dish, and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: prepare the couscous in a slow cooker.
We insert the plug of the multicooker into the socket, fix the Teflon bowl in it, pour in the right amount of purified water and turn it on steam cooking or steam / pasta for 5 minutes.
As soon as the liquid boils, pour salt and prepared couscous into it to taste. Immediately close the kitchen appliance with a tight-fitting lid and set a new mode "Warm up" for 15 minutes.
After the multicooker turns off, notifying about it with the corresponding buzzing, squealing or peeping sound, add a little butter to the finished dish. Lightly mix the rapidly melting fat with porridge. It is better to do this with a wooden kitchen or silicone spatula or a special plastic spoon so as not to damage the Teflon coating. Then we stand the fragrant dish in a heated bowl under a tightly closed lid. 5-10 minutesand then we taste it.
Step 3: serve the couscous in a slow cooker.
After cooking, the couscous in the multicooker is slightly infused and then served hot as a side dish or main course. Such porridge can be served in different ways, for example, simply by adding another portion of butter, salad, fried, stewed or baked vegetables, meat, poultry or fish. This dish is very fond of spices: thyme, savory, oregano, basil, marjoram, and also mint, especially if served with sea inhabitants. So ordinary boiled couscous can be easily called the ideal basis for cooking culinary masterpieces. Enjoy and enjoy a simple meal!
Enjoy your meal!
- after the couscous is ready, it can be insisted in a closed double boiler along with canned sweet corn or green peas and fresh chopped herbs, in this case a slightly complicated but very tasty side dish for fish or poultry will be obtained;
- want to make sweet porridge from couscous? Then cook it in milk with the addition of cinnamon or vanilla sugar, also, if desired, crushed dried fruits or dried berries can be added to the boiled liquid;
- Would you like to taste spicy porridge from couscous? In this case, water can be replaced with meat or vegetable broth and add a few aromatic spices there, the set of which can be adjusted and modified depending on which dish you will serve, for example, if with chicken, then poultry spices, pork and beef - for meat.