Ingredients for making pita bread with cottage cheese
- Pita (thin) 1 piece
- Cottage cheese (preferably fatty and not loose) 300 grams
- Chicken egg (raw) 1 piece
- Vanilla Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Main Ingredients Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Bread
- Serving 4-8
- World Cuisine
A bowl, a tablespoon, a table fork, paper kitchen towels, a stove, a frying pan, a kitchen knife, a wooden kitchen spatula, a large flat dish or a serving plate.
Cooking pita bread with cottage cheese:
Step 1: prepare the ingredients.
So, at your fingertips were all the products you need for this dish? Well then, let's get started! First, put in the deep clean dishes the right amount of cottage cheese and carefully rub it with a table fork or spoon until creamy, although you can do this through a sieve with a fine mesh or using a blender. Then we add raw chicken egg to this milk ingredient, as well as two types of sugar: vanilla and regular sand. Again, mix everything to a homogeneous consistency - the filling is ready!
Now we spread the thinnest pita bread that can be found on store shelves in full length on the countertops, it is mainly rectangular. With a sharp kitchen knife, divide it into 8 equal squares and proceed to the next step.
Step 2: form pita bread with cottage cheese.
Divide the filling into 8 equal parts and put it on the edge of each piece of pita bread. In turn, we bend the two opposite sides of each square inward, slightly covering them with the filling, and roll the rolls.
Step 3: bring the pita bread with cottage cheese to full readiness.
Next, put the pan on medium heat and pour about 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil into it, for someone this amount will seem large, but do not forget that lavash absorbs fat very strongly. After a few minutes, put the formed rolls seam down into a well-heated dish and fry them from one side to a golden color.
As soon as the products are browned, with the help of a kitchen spatula we shift them to the other side and cook in the same way to a beige-brown-golden crust. Then we transfer the finished dish to a paper towel, previously spread out on the countertop, and leave it there so that it absorbs excess oil. After that, we distribute warm pita bread with cottage cheese in portions on plates and serve to the table.
Step 4: serve pita bread with cottage cheese.
Pita bread with cottage cheese is served in a warm or chilled form as the main second course for breakfast or dinner or dessert to a sweet table. After cooking, rolls with aromatic filling are laid out in portions on plates and optionally complement each with sour cream, cream, milk-based sauces, melted chocolate, favorite cream, condensed milk, jam, jam, honey, berries, fruits, or simply sprinkled with powder. Then they are served along with hot or cold drinks, for example, coffee, tea, cocoa, milk, yogurt, kefir, but these are just a few of the possible options, the choice depends on your taste. Enjoy it!
Enjoy your meal!
- very often chopped nuts, finely chopped dried fruits, dried berries, stewed pumpkin, mashed banana or crushed chocolate are added to the filling;
- sometimes the formed rolls are rolled in a mixture of beaten chicken eggs, sugar, flour and sour cream before frying;
- the taste of the dish will turn out more delicate if you cook pita bread with cottage cheese in butter;
- if you wish, you can use a regular round store pita bread or homemade, but turning them into rolls is much more difficult;
- In the same way, you can cook pita bread with spiced cottage cheese and fry it in a batter from a beaten chicken egg, as well as a mixture of your favorite spices.