Ingredients for Making Coffee Mulled Wine
- Dry red wine 200 milliliters
- Freshly brewed natural coffee 200 milliliters
- Dried cloves 5 sprigs
- Cinnamon stick small piece
- Small Orange 1/2 Piece
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients: Red Wine, Coffee
- Serving 2 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Medium saucepan, Tablespoon, Cooker, Kitchen thermometer, Cutting board, Knife, Plate, Glasses or glass cups, Scoop, Kitchen gloves
Making coffee mulled wine:
Step 1: prepare the orange.
We wash the orange under running water and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, cut the citrus lengthwise into circles and transfer to a clean plate.
Step 2: make coffee mulled wine.
Pour fresh coffee, dry red wine into the middle pan, and add sugar, cloves, a stick of cinnamon and orange circles. Using a tablespoon, mix everything well so that the sugar practically dissolves. We put the container on a small fire and heat the drink to a temperature 70 ° -80 ° C. Attention: you don’t need to boil mulled wine (for this it is best to use a kitchen thermometer to control the process). Then we turn off the burner, and set the pan aside with the help of kitchen oven mitts. Everything, coffee mulled wine is ready!
Step 3: serve coffee mulled wine.
Using a scoop, we pour coffee mulled wine into heated glasses or glass cups, decorate with an orange slice and serve to the dessert table. The drink is very tasty, aromatic, pleasant, with notes of coffee. It really warms and at the same time, not only the body, but also the soul, especially on cold cloudy autumn evenings.
- If you like sweets, then you can add a teaspoon of honey to the finished mulled wine.
- For the preparation of mulled wine, it is best to use ground coffee and brew it yourself. In this case, espresso or Americano is suitable. But many prepare this drink with the addition of instant coffee.
- Glasses or glass cups can be heated under a stream of warm water for several minutes. After that, you need to very quickly wipe them dry with kitchen paper towels, pour mulled wine into them and serve to the dessert table.