Ingredients for making salmon soup in a slow cooker
- Set for salmon fish soup (head, tail and ridge with scraps of pulp) 1 piece
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes
- Large onion 1 piece
- 1 medium carrot
- Long-grain rice 0.5 cups
- Pure cold cold water 1.5 liters
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaf medium size 1-2 pieces
- Allspice 2-4 pieces
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Fresh dill to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 7 servings
Cutting board, kitchen knife, small bowl, slow cooker, deep bowl, plate - 2 pieces, sieve, saucer, ladle, deep serving plates
Cooking salmon soup in a slow cooker:
Step 1: prepare a set for salmon soup.
A fish soup set usually includes a head, tail, and ridge with small trimmings of salmon pulp. In fact, it is very convenient, since all the components give a good rich broth and plus some more meat remains. Such a set can be purchased at any supermarket or a specialized fish store. So, first of all, we wash all the parts of the salmon and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, we clear the head of the gills, chop the ridge into several parts, and then move everything into a small bowl.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes.
Using a knife, peel the potatoes and rinse thoroughly under running warm water to remove any remaining soil and other dirt. Now put the tubers on a cutting board and chop in small cubes. The crushed components are moved to a deep bowl and completely filled with ordinary cold water. This must be done so that the potatoes do not darken when interacting with air.
Step 3: prepare the carrots.
Using a knife, peel the carrots from the peel and then rinse thoroughly under running warm water. Now put the vegetable on a cutting board and chop it into cubes. Pour finely chopped component into a clean plate.
Step 4: prepare the onions.
With a knife, peel the onion from the husk and rinse well under running water. That’s all, we don’t do anything with him, but simply put them on a free plate. We need it only to give the ear a flavor.
Step 5: prepare the pic.
Pour rice into a sieve and rinse thoroughly under running warm water until it becomes transparent. Then we set aside the container with the component to the side so that excess liquid from the glass.
Step 6: prepare the greens.
I usually use parsley and dill for decoration just before serving. You can not use greens at all, or add to taste to choose from. So, first of all, we wash the components under running warm water, shake off excess fluid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the parsley with dill and immediately pour it into a clean saucer.
Step 7: prepare the salmon ear in a slow cooker.
In a multicooker pan we spread pieces of salmon, chopped potatoes, carrots, peeled onions, bay leaves, allspice, peas, and also pour rice and taste the salt. Fill all the ingredients with clean cool water, close the lid of the appliance and install extinguishing mode for 1-2 hours. After 60 minutes you must check your ear for readiness. To do this, open the lid of the multicooker and pierce the potatoes with the tip of a knife. If the vegetable is soft, then the fish soup is ready and you can turn off the appliance. If not, then wait for the completion of the regime.
After the sound signal sounds, we again open the lid of the appliance, and it must be disconnected from the network. Everything, the ear is ready!
Step 8: serve the salmon ear in a slow cooker.
From the pan of the multicooker we carefully get the head, ridge and tail of the salmon. We clean the fish from the pulp and spread it on deep plates. Now, using the ladle, pour the soup into containers, sprinkle with a small amount of finely chopped greens if desired and serve it to the dining table. The ear is excellent! It can easily be eaten only with slices of bread and that's it.
- the more you add salmon and the less water, the more rich and tasty the ear will turn out;
- In addition to the spices indicated in the recipe, you can add a couple more dried cloves. The only thing you should pay attention to is their number. Literally 2-4 pieces each seasoning will be enough;
- so that the remnants of salmon (except pulp) are not caught in the ear, you can 1 hour cook only pieces of fish and onion head on the "Extinguishing" mode, and then with the help of a slotted spoon, remove all the components, clean them of meat and discard (we will no longer need them). The very pulp of salmon and all remaining vegetables, rice and spices are added to the crock-pot and cook another 40-60 minutes;
- the cooking time of the fish soup can be reduced if hot clean water is immediately poured into the multicooker.