Ingredients for Cooking Potato Casseroles in a Frying Pan
- Potato 600 grams
- Wheat flour (sifted) 1-2 tablespoons
- Brynza 100 grams
- Refined vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- A mixture of Italian herbs 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Cheese
- Portion 2-4
- World CuisineSwiss Cuisine
Kitchen scale, kitchen knife, cutting board, paper kitchen towels, coarse grater, tablespoon, deep bowl, bowl, plate, baking brush, non-stick pan with Teflon coating and lid, large flat plate, large flat dish, wide kitchen spatula.
Cooking potato casseroles in a pan:
Step 1: prepare the cheese.
So, in the first place all the necessary ingredients, as well as inventory, on the countertop and begin to prepare them. Take a piece of not very salty feta cheese and chop it on a fine or medium grater into a clean small bowl.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes.
Then, using a sharp kitchen knife, peel the raw potatoes, rinse them thoroughly under trickles of cold running water, dry them with paper kitchen towels and chop them using the same, but clean and coarse grater into a dry, deep bowl. If the slices of the vegetable let in a lot of juice, squeeze them slightly, and then season to taste with salt, black pepper, a mixture of Italian herbs and sifted wheat flour, preferably of the highest grade. Mix everything with a tablespoon to a homogeneous consistency and move on.
Step 3: form a potato casserole in a pan.
Using a baking brush, grease the bottom, as well as the inside of the cold pan with a tablespoon of refined vegetable oil and spread half the potato mass into it. We try to make this so that it lies in an even layer.
Sprinkle with chopped feta cheese shredded on the grater from above, also evenly cover it with the remaining potatoes and proceed to the next, almost final step.
Step 4: Cook the potato casserole in a pan.
Turn on the stove on medium heat, place a pan with a formed potato casserole on it and cover it tightly so that there are no gaps. Fry our vegetable dish from one side to a golden crust for 15-20 minutes.
After the required time has passed, the casserole must be turned over; this is done very simply! Remove the lid, cover the pan with a large flat plate, and turn over. Kruglyash will easily come out of hot dishes and remain on a kind of platform. After that, we add another spoonful of oil to the pan, very carefully put the resulting product back to its bottom, with the side that has not been baked, and send it to medium heat. Cover the casserole again with a lid and cook again 15 minutes.
Then with the help of a kitchen spatula we move the potato miracle to a large flat dish and invite the family to the table to taste a culinary masterpiece!
Step 5: Serve the potato casserole in a pan.
Potato casserole in a pan is served hot or warm as a full-fledged second vegetarian dish or as a side dish for meat, poultry, fish or game. This miracle can be supplemented with sour cream, cream, sausage, meat, fresh vegetable salads, marinades, pickles, sauces based on tomatoes, mayonnaise and ketchup. Cook with pleasure and enjoy delicious homemade food!
Enjoy your meal!
- potatoes let out less juice if chopped on a grater intended for Korean carrots;
- the recipe indicates the usual classic spices, which, if desired, can be replaced with any other suitable for vegetable dishes, for example, oregano, hops-suneli, savory, sage, but most importantly, do not overdo it, otherwise they will kill the aroma of fried vegetable;
- an alternative to cheese - Adyghe cheese, cottage cheese or other types of this product;
- to prepare this dish, it is better to use a pan with a Teflon coating, potatoes quite often stick to the cast-iron surface;
- very often finely chopped olives, olives, pickled mushrooms, cucumbers, onions, apples, ham or fried bacon are distributed on top of the cheese layer.