Ingredients for Cooking Potatoes in Spicy Sauce
- Potato 500 grams
- Canned tomatoes 4 pieces (+4 tbsp. L. Juice from under them)
- Hot green pepper 1 piece
- Ginger grated (root) 15 grams
- Garlic 2 cloves (large)
- Butter 50 grams
- Vegetable oil 1-2 tablespoons
- Parsley to taste
- Coriander (ground) 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin (ground) 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper (ground) 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili (cereal)
- Turmeric 1/8 teaspoon
- Dill seeds (ground) 1/8 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (ground) small pinch
- Clove (ground) small pinch
- Main Ingredients: Potato, Pepper, Tomato, Garlic
- Portion 3-4
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Saucepan, colander, kitchen knife, spoon, spatula, garlic press, blender.
Cooking potatoes in spicy sauce:
Step 1: boil the potatoes.
It is best to use potato varieties suitable for cooking, those that do not fall apart in water.
Peel the potatoes, rinse thoroughly, cut into medium-sized cubes and boil until half cooked. Pieces should not be too soft and definitely should not start to fall apart.
Throw the boiled potatoes into a colander and cool. And while it cools, start cooking hot sauce.
Step 2: prepare the sauce.
Heat oil in a pan, and then toss grated ginger, crushed cloves of garlic and finely chopped hot pepper into it. Stir frying everything in oil for 15 minutes over medium heat.
Canned tomatoes can be very finely chopped and mixed with their own juice, or chopped together in a blender. Add the tomatoes prepared in one of these ways to the pan and simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Then add all the spices and about 50 milliliters water and cook still 2 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat, add the butter and mix everything together until the butter has melted.
Step 3: stew the potatoes in a hot sauce.
Add boiled potatoes to the sauce and gently mix everything so as not to crush the vegetables.
Cover the pan and put everything on a slow fire. After the sauce boils, continue to stew potatoes in it 5 minutesso that it absorbs aromas.
Remove the potatoes in a hot sauce from the heat, sprinkle it with chopped parsley and serve.
Step 4: serve the potatoes in a hot sauce.
Potatoes in hot sauce should be served hot, immediately after cooking. It is good for meat dishes, use it at the same time when you would add regular mashed potatoes. But in this case, the dish is more aromatic and much more interesting.
Enjoy your meal!
- Potatoes in spicy sauce can be served as a main dish with fat sour cream or with natural yogurt as a sauce.