Ingredients for making kefir cake
- 6 eggs
- Sugar 3 cups
- Wheat flour 3 cups
- Baking soda 3 tsp
- Kefir 3 cups
- Table vinegar for quenching soda
- Cocoa powder 3 tbsp. spoons
- Butter 400 g
- Boiled condensed milk 200 g
- Walnuts kernels 1 cup
- Main ingredients: Kefir, Butter, Flour, Sugar, Condensed milk
- Portion 6-9
Knife, Cutting board, Bowl - 2 pcs, Mixer or food processor, Shovel, Sieve, Parchment for baking, Tea spoon, Round cake, Bowl
Cooking kefir cake:
Step 1: Cook the cake for cake on kefir.
All the products we need to make the cake must be taken out of the refrigerator in advance so that they are warmed to room temperature. Break the eggs into a bowl and add sugar.
Beat everything into a lush, homogeneous mass.
Important! Break the eggs one at a time into a separate container, and then transfer to the rest. If you get foul, you can just pour it and take another. But if you add one unusable to five good ones, you will have to send everything down the drain.
In a bowl of eggs with sugar, add kefir, pour in parts pre-sifted flour and after each mix.
We have three teaspoons of soda, so it’s better to extinguish it in a separate container. Add a small amount of bite to it and mix.
Add soda to the bowl with the dough, mix, pour cocoa and mix again.
We need to bake three cakes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Cover the round baking dish with parchment and fill it with half the dough (approximately one third of the total volume). Level the surface with a spatula. We put the mold in the oven, reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and bake for about 15-20 minutes. Readiness is determined by color and with the help of a toothpick. Make a puncture in the center, if it comes out dry, ready, if not, bake another 5 minutes and repeat the test. Tilt the finished cake onto the grate, remove the parchment and leave to cool.
Step 2: Prepare cream for kefir cake.
While the cake layers are cooling, prepare the cream. Cut the softened butter into slices and transfer to a bowl, add boiled condensed milk.
Beat everything into a uniform lush mass. If you are preparing a cake for adults, then you can add liquor or cognac to the cream (1-2 tablespoons).
Step 3: We collect the cake on kefir.
Due to the fact that the dough is cooked on kefir, the cakes are not as dry as a regular biscuit. We take the first one and put it on a dish, grease it with cream. Repeat the process for the second and third cake.
We chop walnuts with a knife into crumbs and sprinkle the top layer of cream.
Put the finished cake in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, so that the cakes are well saturated.
Step 4: Serve the kefir cake.
Serve yogurt cake for aromatic tea or coffee. He is good with freshly squeezed orange juice.
Enjoy your meal!
- for a small company you can make a small cake, for this you can bake only two cakes or one (we reduce the number of products by two or three times), in the latter case it is better to cut it into two halves, so it is better saturated;
- you can cook one, two or all three cakes without cocoa, its presence in the recipe is unprincipled;
- cream for the cake, you can use any, for example, custard or sour cream; if you want to cook something in haste for tea, then any jam will perfectly replace it.